Re: [opensuse] ext4 vs btrfs
El 12/07/12 18:29, Hans Witvliet escribió:
Hi all,

I was wondering when should one choose ext4 and when btrfs...

Ofcourse i've googling for it, but in some comparisons they only measure
throughput in general. I agree that _is_ important, but i presume other
factors also play a role...
When dealing with config files (in "/etc/.." or so) it is probably very
handy to be able to do a roll-back.

But when dealing with a large collection of ISO's ?

Last time I checked, XFS worked better for larger files, things might
have changed in the meanwhile though.

I use BTRFS daily and while it usually works, the error handling is
still sketchy to say the least and will BUG or panic in such cases.. but
to be fair, it has improved significantly in recent kernels.

Filesystem corruption is also a possibility, personally I got hit once
in the last months and took me a while to figure out I needed to zero
the filesystem log to keep going. fsck will not help you in that case.