Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
On 09/07/12 16:57, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 07/07/12 20:11, Per Jessen wrote:
Mike wrote:

On Friday, July 06, 2012 08:28:01 AM James Hatridge wrote:
Hi Per,

On Friday, July 06, 2012 03:32:19 PM Per Jessen wrote:
James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

Is it not about time for this mailing list to come in to the 21th
century? This is the ONLY email list that I have to turn off HTML
formatting to send a post to. Everytime I forget it I get this:
Depending on which emailer you're using, you ought to store that
as a
preference of the email-address (of the list). Thunderbird has
such an option.
So far you're the only one to give a real answer to this, thanks
for that. Do you know if kmail has this option? I've not been able
to find it. But this still bring us back to the first question. Why
does this list not keep up with the times. Ten years ago, when
almost no one had anything faster than 56k then it was
understandable. But now even someone one out in the middle of no
where Germany has at least DSL 2000 so this rule is silly. I'm on
over 60 lists and am the owner of 4. This is the only list I have
this problem with.

JIM
I disagree. I could care less about pretty. That's all that HTML
brings to the stage.
We're going OT, but HTML does allow a lot more than just being
pretty. Sometimes presentation does matter, also in email.
Tell me, what exactly would HTML bring to any message in this
technical mail list, or any other mail list for that matter? What
exactly would make a "presentation" in this so much better if one used
HTML?
See my reply to Felix on opensuse-offtopic.

You want to write a word in italics? This is also possible (but I have
forgotten what that is at the moment).
/like this/

Ah, that's it! Thanks :-)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor