Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
On 09/07/12 17:39, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 05:32:29PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 08/07/12 08:35, Carlos E. R. wrote:

[.............]

The bills from my utilities, like the electricity bill, comes in html.
Come on, delete it, and don't pay the bill! >:-P

Then tell them that you deleted the bill and will not pay it because they
posted in evil html, ans watch them laugh at you. Yes, they laugh,
because reconnecting the electricity needs an extra payment equivalent to
three months worth. Very nice, good business for them. Wish all their
clients were that silly >:-)
Please, Carlos, don't get all dramatic and carried away. Doesn't suit you.

You are using Thunderbird (13.0) [and I am using TB v16.0a1 Daily - just
for the record].

My ISP, and other institutions, sends me mail in HTML and, as you know, in
Thunderbird you have the ability to not display the contents of an HTML
file received as personal mail from someone like your bank; and you can
then choose to either display the HTML from the remote site in that message
or ignore the HTML and simply read the ASCII bits which appear on your
screen.
What this discussion did not bring up is that there is a difference
between the Bank/Provider E-Mails in HTML and regular E-Mails in HTML.

You will not need to answer or reply to Bank/Provider/OtherInfo HTML
E-Mails as these are information only!

Compared to mails on this list, where people surely will need to be able to
reply.

Some of us (including me) even use console mailreaders still for efficiency,
and replying on HTML emails is near to impossible with them.

Ciao, Marcus

Not good, not good at all, Marcus :-( .

Bad PR for openSUSE when your organisation is still using 'Mutt/1.5.17 (2007-11-01)' 8-) .

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor