Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
  • From: Noel Butler <noel.butler@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:32:23 +1000

On 2012-07-08 00:45, Dirk Gently wrote:

I don't know how it is in Spain, but a bill in e-mail is only a
convenience. It's not a legally enforceable demand for payment until
it's delivered on paper.

Not here. A signed PDF is legally binding, the post simply announces or
transports it.

As it is in Australia and most places in Europe, in fact, I do services
with U.K. and U.S. companies that send me invoices in PDF, and even some
companies that send invoices as HTML in email, in this country, that's
legally binding.

And under our consumer protection laws, they have to send you a
paper-mail account statement every month no matter how you pay (cash,
check, credit card, online payment or electronic transfer).

Not here.

Nor here, nor in U.K or U.S. going by my above statement, or is the rule
in U.S. only applicable for U.S. to U.S. residents? Who knows...