Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-07-08 00:15, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 07/07/2012 05:38 PM:
But the comment was aimed at saying that there are scopes where
html email is the norm, it is not a whole-sized evil :-)

Perhaps the question was badly phrased.

Try this.

Under what circumstances would HTML be absolutely and unequivocally
*NECESSARY* on this list.

That is not in question. Rules say that there will be no html on this
list, and that's that.

Why argue it, then? You like arguing?

Or Elsewhere.

That's is irrelevant for this list :-)

But as we don't have anything else to talk about, go ahead.

idiot/incompetent or has other, perhaps malicious, intent. The mail
gets deleted.

The bills from my utilities, like the electricity bill, comes in html.
Come on, delete it, and don't pay the bill! >:-P

Then tell them that you deleted the bill and will not pay it because they
posted in evil html, ans watch them laugh at you. Yes, they laugh,
because reconnecting the electricity needs an extra payment equivalent to
three months worth. Very nice, good business for them. Wish all their
clients were that silly >:-)

I don't know how it is in Spain, but a bill in e-mail is only a convenience.
It's not a legally enforceable demand for payment until it's delivered on paper.

And under our consumer protection laws, they have to send you a paper-mail
account statement every month no matter how you pay (cash, check, credit card,
online payment or electronic transfer).