Re: [opensuse] Sick of this...
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:11:38 +0200
Mike wrote:

On Friday, July 06, 2012 08:28:01 AM James Hatridge wrote:
Hi Per,

On Friday, July 06, 2012 03:32:19 PM Per Jessen wrote:
James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

Is it not about time for this mailing list to come in to the 21th
century? This is the ONLY email list that I have to turn off HTML

formatting to send a post to. Everytime I forget it I get this:
Depending on which emailer you're using, you ought to store that as
preference of the email-address (of the list). Thunderbird has
such an option.

So far you're the only one to give a real answer to this, thanks for
that. Do you know if kmail has this option? I've not been able to
find it. But this still bring us back to the first question. Why does
this list not keep up with the times. Ten years ago, when almost no
one had anything faster than 56k then it was understandable. But now
even someone one out in the middle of no where Germany has at least
DSL 2000 so this rule is silly. I'm on over 60 lists and am the owner
of 4. This is the only list I have this problem with.

JIM

I disagree. I could care less about pretty. That's all that HTML
brings to the stage.

We're going OT, but HTML does allow a lot more than just being pretty.
Sometimes presentation does matter, also in email.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)