Re: [opensuse] About the synaptiks and keyboard settings...
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:56:56 +0200
On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 14:35 +0200, Oddball wrote:
Hi,

My mail to, and incoming from opensuse help list was shut off for some
days, but now it seems to work again.. :-)

So i try again to react at the question of Roger Oberholtzer few days ago:

to activate the automatic touchpad shut-off, while using keyboard:

startermenu> system> configuration> synaptiks.
This activates these few options to be accessed from the systemtray.
It can als be set to startup at logon.

You should experiment with the time the pad should become active.
When the pad becomes active to soon, the cursor becomes the arrow, which
means typing continues where the arrow is at that moment, and inserts
text there... absolutely the most annoying from a tp.
I have set it to 2 sec's, which is the most convenient for me.
That means that the pad is inaccessible before that time is passed...

I think there is no solution thinkable that would be better than this
approach, when one wants to use the pad.
For mouse users, they can shut off the pad completely when a mouse is
plugged in.

Right now the command fails to run. Not sure why. I suspect I have some
update that is making it unhappy. I will see about getting it to run,
and then see about these settings.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST