Re: [opensuse] Need help: I found out where s2disk crashes.

On 2012-07-06 14:21, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Howorth wrote:

The image is only 640x480 - if enlarge it in GIMP, it becomes a
little more readable, but a higher resolution would perhaps help.

It is the most that the video camera can make. In the small display of
the camera it seemed alright, but it wasn't till I uploaded it to the
computer (after booting it) that I could see the real quality. I can wait
till the next crash and make a photo instead.

I made a video because there is a moment that the computer prints
something and it blinks and redraws a different screen, so it is
difficult to catch.

I'll try find dpm_suspend_start().
[...]
Found it, in /usr/src/linux-2.6.37.6-0.20/drivers/base/power/main.c:

/**
* dpm_suspend_start - Prepare devices for PM transition and suspend them.
* @state: PM transition of the system being carried out.
*
* Prepare all non-sysdev devices for system PM transition and execute
"suspend"
* callbacks for them.
*/
int dpm_suspend_start(pm_message_t state)
{
int error;

might_sleep();
error = dpm_prepare(state);
if (!error)
error = dpm_suspend(state);
return error;
}
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(dpm_suspend_start);

Is a photo the only way to access the console output?

It seems like it ought to be possible to capture the output with a
serial console and minicom?

It is quite complicated, having it active for a week. If there is no
other method I'll try.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)