Re: [opensuse] KNetdump / Qtraffic successor?
On 05/07/12 10:42, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 22:28 +0300, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
during KDE 1.x times, I loved to used knetdump to monitor what's going
on in my local network. Now I have some absurd traffic values on my
central server and I was looking for a tool which provides a similar
traffic display because that very easily identifies bandwidth-eaters.
provides a similar display output?
For those who don't know knetdump/qtraffic:
Those programs provided a "traffic view" which showed each network
node as a dot and then drew lines in different colors between the
nodes, the color representing the protocol, the width of the line
representing the bandwidth in use.

etherape
<http://etherape.sourceforge.net/>

I use it all the time; works great.

It's also available in the 12.1 OSS repository.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop