[opensuse] KNetdump / Qtraffic successor?
  • From: Stefan Gofferje <stefan.gofferje@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 22:28:37 +0300

Hi,

during KDE 1.x times, I loved to used knetdump to monitor what's going
on in my local network. Now I have some absurd traffic values on my
central server and I was looking for a tool which provides a similar
traffic display because that very easily identifies bandwidth-eaters.

I found the source for qtraffic but could get it to compile - well,
it's for Qt 2.2...

Does anybody know a program (for Linux/Opensuse, of course) which
provides a similar display output?

For those who don't know knetdump/qtraffic:
Those programs provided a "traffic view" which showed each network
node as a dot and then drew lines in different colors between the
nodes, the color representing the protocol, the width of the line
representing the bandwidth in use.

See
http://nisbach.de/knetdump/
http://nisbach.de/knetdump/ktrafficview.gif

- --
(o_ Stefan Gofferje | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
//\ Reg'd Linux User #247167 | VCP #2263
V_/_ Heckler & Koch - the original point and click interface