Re: [opensuse] Automatic option synaptics driver gone from settings.[SOLVED]
On 07/04/2012 04:27 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 20:43 +0200, Oddball wrote:
Op 03-07-12 20:28, Oddball schreef:
Well that figures!
The option is in the hidden icons behind the arrow, in the systemtray!
How obvious!

Anyway, the option is not gone, only hidden.... :-D

The option is not there when first installed 12.1.
I know because i just installed on a 9" eeepc, and because the touchpad
tapping is not activated, i wanted to use it, but it was not there. :O
I'm confused. I thought you said it was in the> menu in the system
panel. I know the synaptics thing might be there. But I do not know
about the option for disabling the pad when typing. Did you find that
option? (My laptop is not handy or I would check myself.)

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696
roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxx

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden
www.rambollrst.se

I'm not sure that synaptics is the program you want. I have synaptics on
a laptop in order to disable the touchpad when an external pointing device is
plugged in, Has nothing to do with the action on the keyboard. I could
not live without the function that I'm using; I have had a program--NOT
synaptics--that does what you say, disable the touchpad while typing,
and it drove me crazy. The millisecond I stopped hitting a key, the
touchpad would activate and move the cursor someplace I didn't want.
But if that's the function you want, I don't think it's from synaptics.
(As you can see, I'm not a fan of touchpads! Nor of mice, for that matter--
I have a nice Kensington trackball on each of my computers. I don't
actually use the laptop in on-the-go situations.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M. Greeley