Re: KMail 4.8.3 also quite unusable (was: Re: [opensuse] SuSE 12.1: KMail 4.7.2 unusable)
Von: Insomniactoo <Insomniactoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Gesendet: 18:50 Montag, 25.Juni 2012
Betreff: Re: KMail 4.8.3 also quite unusable (was: Re: [opensuse] SuSE 12.1:
KMail 4.7.2 unusable)

On Monday, 25 June 2012 06:30 Peter Maffter wrote:

Ok, if KMail cannot do it: what else can I use (except thunderbird) and
which mail tool easily imports the 900MB mails and structure from my old
trusted SuSE-10.3-KMail?

  Would something like 'mairix' be of any help?

  http://www.rpcurnow.force9.co.uk/mairix/

But afaics this only opens a second directory with a somewhat better structure
(hopefully) which can be
referenced then.
It is not an email client as KMail and I would have to keep 2 directories
instead of one.
As such I still would have the problem of finding a decent mail client which is
the main problem currently.

Are there any good import tools for evolution so that I can import the
structure of my old kmail (mixture of mbox and maildir) easily?
I tried evolution a bit and it seems like a proper replacement for my old KMail
from SuSE 10.3 as long as
KMail 4.X does handle the import of KMail 3.X stuff.

Or maybe there is some better import tool for KMail 3.X -> KMail 4.X?