Re: [opensuse] bind DNS: forwarders not working unless named is restarted
On 03/07/12 20:31, Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:

On 03/07/12 19:24, Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:

On 03/07/12 13:07, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-07-03 11:56, lynn wrote:

Lynn, I guess you've looked at _how_ they don't work? That is, is
forwarding attempted, but fails or is it not attempted at all?

Yes. /var/log/messages gives a clean bind startup, Our dynamic DLZ
zones are loaded and work perfectly, Replication of the internal DNS
partitions for AD between our two internal bind9 servers is also fine.
If I add the forwarders to /etc/resolv.conf via Yast and remove them
from /etc/named.conf, all is also OK.

So which one is it -

a) is forwarding attempted, but fails or
b) is it not attempted at all?

Without a wireshark (next step I suppose, was just hoping someone else had come across this before and had a solution), I'd go for b.

From a cold start, booting DC1 and restarting named gets us out. Before the restart, the domain admin can get tickets. So internal DNS is working fine, otherwise Kerberos would throw a wobbly. A subsequent boot of DC2 and a deliberate failover on DC1 maintains the forwarders.

I can't reproduce this on Ubuntu LTS and need to be sure that this is not an openSUSE issue before I dare go anywhere near the samba list.

To get this far takes. . .
L x