Re: [opensuse] bind DNS: forwarders not working unless named is restarted
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:31:27 +0200
lynn wrote:

On 03/07/12 19:24, Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:

On 03/07/12 13:07, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-07-03 11:56, lynn wrote:

Lynn, I guess you've looked at _how_ they don't work? That is, is
forwarding attempted, but fails or is it not attempted at all?

Yes. /var/log/messages gives a clean bind startup, Our dynamic DLZ
zones are loaded and work perfectly, Replication of the internal DNS
partitions for AD between our two internal bind9 servers is also fine.
If I add the forwarders to /etc/resolv.conf via Yast and remove them
from /etc/named.conf, all is also OK.

So which one is it -

a) is forwarding attempted, but fails or
b) is it not attempted at all?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)