Re: [opensuse] Automatic option synaptics driver gone from settings.
Roger Oberholtzer schreef:
On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 17:05 +0200, Odd Ball wrote:
Hi,

I now use 12.1 on an eeepc seashell series .
I noticed that a very important option: disable pad when typing, and the
time to set pad active again, are gone from the touchpad setting menu,
in systemsettings.

Is there a way to get that option back?
You have no idea how annoying it is when you're typing, and suddenly the
cursor is taken over by mouseposition.
And have to copy, cut and paste the lines that are somewhere into some
other teksts inserted..
I have a very good idea how annoying it is. This feature seems to have
gone away. At least I have not seen it in a few releases. So I have to
try ever so hard not to brush along the pad. The only recourse I know of
is to disable the mouse pad all together. I would love to be proven
wrong here.

Well, that would mean i had to use, and carry a mouse all the time....
Not very convenient....
Why not put the option back in? 11.4 had it, as i use it still on another 9"eee-pc...
What could be the reason to take it out anyway?

Regards,

Rob.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer