Re: [opensuse] lost graphical boot screen
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:55:43 +0200
On Saturday 31 March 2012 20:44:17 lynn wrote:
12.1
Hi
I've lost the graphical boot screen. The first one that appears after
you switch on. It's the one with the menu where you can choose other
systems to mulit boot if you have them installed. I had normal or
Failsafe to choose from. Now all I get is an ugly text screen which says
grub version 0.97 and the same two options but in text mode.

How can I get the nice screen back?

Make sure you have a gfxboot-branding package installed (so you have a
/boot/message file, and make sure your menu.lst file has a line

gfxmenu (hd0,0)/boot/message

change according to your actual partitioning scheme, of course, and if you
have a root (hd0,0) in there, you won't need to duplicate it in the gfxmenu
command, so the above could also be

root (hd0,0)
gfxmenu /boot/message

Anders