Re: [opensuse] How to save images?
2012. március 31. 2:40 napon Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 31/03/12 04:08, Istvan Gabor wrote:
2012. március 28. 15:11 napon Bogdan Cristea<cristeab@xxxxxxxxx> írta:

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 14:55:50 Istvan Gabor wrote:

[pruned]

Basil:

Actually there is the right-click menu available for that image.

If you are using Firefox and have the NoScript extension installed ensure
that this URL is not allowed access to javascript (NoScript will show a
big red "S")
and you then are able to save the image.

(However, if you have allowed this page to have access to javascript then
you don't
get the menu when you right-click.)
Thank you for this. It wasn't even necessary to install noscript addon.
Changing preferences>content>javascript options>advanced>unchecking
"disable or replace context menus" made the trick and enabled showing of
context menu in case of the record image.
But it had no effect on the other image, the GPS device.
This is I get on that site:
in firefox:
http://i41.tinypic.com/m8l63k.jpg

in opera:
http://i41.tinypic.com/m8l63k.jpg

There is context menu but there isn't save image option.

Sorry, Istvan, but I can save that GPS image without any problems: I get
the full menu when I right-click on the images.

I think that it is time for you to upgrade your Firefox to the latest
version.

Thanks Basil.
I tried firefox 11; no difference from firefox 10.
Then I installed the noscript addon in both firefox 10 and 11.
This made the change. Clicking the large image in the middle opened
the image in the same window; the context menu had save image option
and the address bar showed the image's address:
http://n1.vatera.hu/photos/a2/68/24d5_1_big.jpg
I guess this was the same thing that you had.
Off topic: firefox 10 and 11 handles differently the image if noscript
is active: firefox 10 shows the image in the top left corner of the
window with white background. Firefox 11 shows the image in the middle
of the windows with dark gray background.
All in all now I have different options to save the images (control+I or
disable javascript), and I think this question can be considered solved.
(However I am not fully satisfied with any of these options.
I would like to be able to use context menu save image as when
javascript is active. I guess it cannot be done at the moment.)

Thanks again!

Istvan