Re: [opensuse] Gnome 3.4, Libreoffice 3.5 in openSUSE?
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:16:04PM +0200, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:

I am curious when will Gnome 3.4 will be available for openSUSE?

As soon as you branched the current version and contribute to changes
back to lift it to 3.4. ;)

See http://en.openSUSE.org/openSUSE:How_to_contribute_to_Factory about
how to contribute to the openSUSE project.

See also http://en.openSUSE.org/GNOME with pointers to various GNOME
repositories.

Be this nice and update the page if you find information which aswers
your initial question better.

It's not in factory (I am running Milestone 2). Even LibreOffice 3.5
is not there yet, it's been a month of release I guess.

Didn't you raised the same question before? And there had been answers.
IIRC the people working on this could need some help. See
http://lists.openSUSE.org/opensuse/2012-02/msg00772.html

See also http://en.openSUSE.org/LibreOffice

Keep in mind that the same people working on LibreOffice also feed
released products with a current LibreOffice version and are also active
on the upstream delevopement.

On the contrary Ubuntu has all the latest packages. I am just
curious to know about the update strategy of openSUSE. I do love to
play with latest packages and write about them so just wanted to
know if I am missing something or it does take time for openSUSE to
update to the latest packages.

It needs time, it needs man powers as stressed by others. And sometimes
even developers are a bit more careful and don't push the latest,
greatest version to the main repository, Instead they keep it for some
time in a development branch as we do it with the network:samba:TESTING
repository for example.

Thanks,

Lars
--