Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
El 28/03/12 12:33, Dave Howorth escribió:
Anton Aylward wrote:

That doesn't copy recursively, not does it copy the "dot" files.
I advised that you used 'rsync'

Err, yes it does. cp -a == cp --archive. It is specifically designed to
copy recursively, and it does copy dot files. It also actually
outperforms rsync in some circumstances. And there's a -u option you can
add as well. 'cp' gets far more bad press than it deserves.

This looks like it:
Running du as root produces this on the directory I have cp -a'd:

du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.config»: Permiso denegado
du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.cache/menus»: Permiso denegado
du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.cache/openbox/sessions»: Permiso denegado
du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.dbus»: Permiso denegado
du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.gconf»: Permiso denegado
du: no se puede leer el directorio «/home2/lynn/.local»: Permiso denegado

(no se puede leer=cannot read, Permiso denegado=Permission denied)

What has happened to those directories? I think it's something to do with gvfs.

Thanks,
L x