Re: [opensuse] How to resize root partition using resize2fs in opensuse 12.1
On 2012/03/29 07:05 (GMT+0800) yanliang composed:

I want to enlarge my root partition.So I use the resize2fs command.
But when I run the command,I got the following information:

linux-ua9t:~ # resize2fs /dev/sda8 20G
resize2fs 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
The filesystem is already 5242880 blocks long. Nothing to do!

How can I enlarge my root partition?

There are two parts to resizing a conventional partition:

1-changing the partition size (in the partition tables)

2-conforming the filesystem size to the partition size

Resize2fs is only for #2. #1 has to be done first, using a partitioning tool.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/