Re: [opensuse] Gnome 3.4, Libreoffice 3.5 in openSUSE?
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:32:02 +0200
On Wednesday 28 March 2012 18:16:04 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Hi,

I am curious when will Gnome 3.4 will be available for openSUSE? It's
not in factory (I am running Milestone 2). Even LibreOffice 3.5 is not
there yet, it's been a month of release I guess.

On the contrary Ubuntu has all the latest packages. I am just curious to
know about the update strategy of openSUSE. I do love to play with
latest packages and write about them so just wanted to know if I am
missing something or it does take time for openSUSE to update to the
latest packages.

GNOME 3.4 is being build first for Factory (happening right now) and then the
GNOME team will start working on 12.1 and 11.4. It just takes a little
time...

LibreOffice has surprised me too. The person normally building this has been
unavailable and nobody has picked it up - a people thing...

Best
Swapnil