Re: [opensuse] Gnome 3.4, Libreoffice 3.5 in openSUSE?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:57:31 +0200
Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:

On 03/28/2012 06:19 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:

Hi,

I am curious when will Gnome 3.4 will be available for openSUSE?
It's not in factory (I am running Milestone 2). Even LibreOffice 3.5
is not there yet, it's been a month of release I guess.

On the contrary Ubuntu has all the latest packages. I am just
curious to know about the update strategy of openSUSE. I do love to
play with latest packages and write about them so just wanted to
know if I am missing something or it does take time for openSUSE to
update to the latest packages.

I guess Ubuntu has more resources than we do.

That's sad :(

I'm only guessing, but given that Canonical is a commercial operation,
it is reasonable to assume they have more resources available.

I am doing as much as I can to bring more users to openSUSE. Switched
to it recently and loving it so far. Was just curious if I was doing
something wrong -- maybe the packages were there but I couldn't find
them.

They are probably available somewhere in the OBS repos. Have you
checked those too?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)