Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
On 28/03/12 05:12, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Monday 26 March 2012 23:31:56 lynn wrote:
It now takes ages to login to my local account (before or after the
mount) and I do not see my icon on the lxdm login greeter.
this is true, does the 'lynn' user perhaps have something in her login
scripts .profile or .bashrc, that would take time? 3 minutes sounds very much
like a network timeout, so is there perhaps something in there that tries to
access a machine that doesn't exist, or isn't currently running?

Anders
Hi
No. I created a second account using Yast and setting a /home other than the default. Same problem with lxdm and lxde. KDE with kdm is fine. Unfortunately, that's on another machine. This particular box couldn't get anywhere near kde. I'm sure this has something to do with lxde.
L x