Re: [opensuse] How to save images?
On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 08:55 AM Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

How can I save images that are opening when I click their thumbnails in
certain pages? One example:

http://www.45cat.com/record/abbapromo001

the big image that opens after clicking the image in the page.

Another example, probably a different type:

http://elektronika.vatera.hu/navigacio_adovevo/gps/4_3_gps_mp3_mp4_full_eu_
raktarrol_szamlaval_1564640810.html

Clicking the GPS image on the right opens a bigger image in the midle. How
can I save it?

I have openSUSE 11.2 with KDE 3.5.10. Mostly I use opera web browser,
occasionally firefox or seamonkey.

Thanks.

Istvan

It can depend on how the web page is built, and your browser capabilities
which may need to include certain extensions.

In the 45cat example, in Chrome I can right-click on the Italian flag and a
context menu opens allowing me to download the image. But the ABBA image is
not built into the page the same way, and that option is not available.
However, if I view the page source code, there is a url shown from where the
ABBA image is being retrieved; clicking on that retrieves the image into its
own page and it can be saved the same way as above.

Another method is screen capture. Firefox and Chrome have extensions which
can capture from the display vs retrieving a file, with several options for
doing so. However, this isn't as clean as retrieving the image file itself.

There are other methods, too, but this is what comes to mind offhand.