Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
On 27/03/12 12:55, jdd wrote:
Le 27/03/2012 12:37, Bernhard Voelker a écrit :

I don't think this is 100% correct: it's true if you speak of a user
name,
but you can well have 2 usernames with the same user id, so in this -
well,
rather unusual - case, a user can have 2 different HOMEs.

is that right? I my understanding this only mean one user with two
aliases, as unix do only track UID

I just tested. I could, with yast, create a "test" user with same UID as
mine (1000). Yast warns but do.

when I log (console) test, I go to test folder, but my prompt message
still say "jdd"

in the OP case, may be it's a solution, as I of course can write jdd
home with test login

jdd

It's really simple.
lynn logs in /etc/passwd
lynn2 logs in via ldap
I want to kep both but not have the delay when I change from /home to /home2
L x