Re: [opensuse] openSuSE does't detect Android cellphone
On 3/27/2012 4:47 AM, James Knott wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
I have a new Android cellphone, my first. This is an HTC Aria. I want to e able
to exchange files between this phone and my desktop inux box
--oS v11.4 at the moment.

I expected that the phone would be recognized when connected to a USB
port, just like any other USB device, but it isn't. I assume there is a
way to get openSuSE to detect the phone. Can someone telll me what it
is?
I have a Google Nexus One Android phone. When I connect it via USB, a screen
opens asking if I want to use USB. When I enable it, a Window
opens on my computer which shows the contents of the SD card.

Ah the wonderful Nexus One.... I still use mine, but it is so memory limited
I'm shopping for a replacement.

Samsung is out of the question because its insistence on pushing MTP in place
of USB Storage.
Now it appears some entry level HTC devices are foregoing USB Storage as well.

The USB Storage option is slowly disappearing from newer phones.