Re: [opensuse] openSuSE does't detect Android cellphone
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:33:41 +0200
On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 13:36 +0200, Karl Sinn wrote:
Am 27.03.2012 13:28, schrieb Stan Goodman:
I have a new Android cellphone, my first. This is an HTC Aria. I want
to e able to exchange files between this phone and my desktop inux box
--oS v11.4 at the moment.

I expected that the phone would be recognized when connected to a USB
port, just like any other USB device, but it isn't. I assume there is a
way to get openSuSE to detect the phone. Can someone telll me what it
is?

Hi,

I plug my Android phone in the usb-port, then I tell the phone to
activate the mass storage device and it works.

Same here. With openSUSE 12.1, Samsung Galaxy IIS, Android ICS 4.0.3.

When I plug the USB cable in, the phone pops up a dialog asking if I
want to exchange files or access the camera.

I can also confirm that MIT's AndroidInventor works with the same
configuration. I made a silly using AI that ran in the phone as I did my
stuff. And a later generated package installed automatically.

I suspect the Android version in the phone more than the Linux. After
all, if the phone makes itself look like proper generic USB mass
storage, Linux is happy. It is when the phone messes up that things go
kaplooie.

What do you see in /var/log/messages when you attach the telephone?

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20