Re: [opensuse] Re: how to change users home directory
Carlos E. R. said the following on 03/27/2012 07:42 AM:
On 2012-03-27 13:31, Anton Aylward wrote:
Lynn has the 'lynn' id and wants to have it both as a network
login and a local login; the network login (I would presume
being 'lynn' via LDAP) using the nfs mount at /home/lynn and the
local login (using 'lynn' via the local /etc/passwd) at
/home2/lynn.

At least that's how it comes across to me.

I understood she meant that another user, different, would be local
only, an would not thus use the /home user which is remotely
mounted, but /home2.

I recall that she said she edited /etc/passwd and changed

Here is the original /etc/passwd entry:
lynn:x:1000:100::/home/lynn:/bin/bash

lynn:x:1000:100::/home2/lynn:/bin/bash

Same user.

How does Lynn log in to _other_ machines?

--
The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
-- Henry Bergson, French Philosopher (1859-1941).