Re: [opensuse] openSuSE does't detect Android cellphone
  • From: Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:44:12 +0200
On 03/27/2012 01:28 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:
I have a new Android cellphone, my first. This is an HTC Aria. I want to
e able to exchange files between this phone and my desktop inux box
--oS v11.4 at the moment.

I expected that the phone would be recognized when connected to a USB
port, just like any other USB device, but it isn't. I assume there is a
way to get openSuSE to detect the phone. Can someone telll me what it
is?

I am in the same boat. Which version of Android are you running on the phone? Which DE are you using? Did you select the "Turn USB ON" option when you connect the phone to the PC? You may need to do that. In worst case scenario you can use AirDroid to connect your PC with phone over Wifi. You can download AirDroid from Android market.

Best
Swapnil