Re: [opensuse] Is my machine too old for OS 12.1 ?
On 27/03/12 13:33, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-27 03:56, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 27/03/12 12:10, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Someone else may explain better.
OK, it would be nice to know.
Yep :-)

My monitor is 1920x1080p and when I used "nomodeset" in the past recent
weeks installing MS #1 and #2 my screen defaulted to 1240xsomething and
not to anythink like 640x480 - but that was for me so others' experiences
will no doubt be different.
That's it. Even for you a drop to 1240 is a loss, you would notice that
something was amiss.

This may be so but at least I was able to get the damn installation to proceed instead of the 'CD' simply spinning ad nauseum and the screen coming up ad nauseum with "No Signal"!

Once I put in "nomodeset" I got something to look at on the screen and I could proceed with the installation.

I am sure that it is better to even look at a 640x480 image than stare at a totally black screen.

[pruned]

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should
see through it.