Re: [opensuse] Is my machine too old for OS 12.1 ?
On 27/03/12 12:10, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-27 03:01, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 27/03/12 11:56, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Please educate me: why would it not work for many or work badly?
It is so. I don't remember the cause. It may be that makes revert to vesa
on some/many machines at 640*480 resolution. It was explained on a similar
discussion to this a year or two ago.

Someone else may explain better.

OK, it would be nice to know.

My monitor is 1920x1080p and when I used "nomodeset" in the past recent weeks installing MS #1 and #2 my screen defaulted to 1240xsomething and not to anythink like 640x480 - but that was for me so others' experiences will no doubt be different.

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should
see through it.