Re: [opensuse] Is my machine too old for OS 12.1 ?
On 27/03/12 11:56, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-03-26 13:15, Basil Chupin wrote:
Why not simply put in "nomodeset" as the default entry on all installs
which will allow people to at least yo login or continue the installation
without having a black screen facing them and not knowing what the heck is
going wrong?!
No, because then it will not work for many others, or will work badly.

Please educate me: why would it not work for many or work badly?

BC

--
The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should
see through it.