Re: [opensuse] nfs, dhcp, dns and Kerberos
On Monday 26 Mar 2012 00:02:03 lynn wrote:
12.1 server with 12.1 and win7 clients
Hi
The only way I can mount a kerberized nfs 3 or 4 share on a client is to
hard code the ip's into /etc/hosts and have a fixed IP clients even
though I have bind 9 configured for (and working with) dynamic dns
updates. Windows clients are served Kerberized cifs via the same server.

With dhcp, rpc.gssd reports that the correct entry is found in the
client ketab, but the KDC reports that the same key , host/fqdn cannot
be found. The mount fails with access denied. Reverting to fixed IP, the
keys match and the mount goes ahead.

Can I have Kerberized nfs with dynamic dns?

Thanks,
L x

Lynn, just a thought, are you setting the hostname via DHCP? If so you may
inadvertantly be renaming the hosts. Try making sure the dhcp server serves
out the correct name.

I do not have any issues with dhcp but I do have static references against MAC
addresses and these are in my DNS server (I dont use DDNS)