Re: [opensuse] Wrong time zone
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:47:51PM +0200, Lars Müller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:40:48AM +0200, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
[ 8< ]
From my http://www.suse.de/~werner/CMOS-CLOCK-HOWTO:

For Vista[tm] SP2, Windows[tm] 7 and Server 2008 R2 the System
Administrator of those Windows[tm] systems could create a file:

---------------------------------- *snip* -------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

Move this document to the wiki, please. Then it's more likely for
Lieschen Müller and Joe Doe to find it.

It is not my job to write Wiki pages not I've the time to do. The HOWTO
from above is simply a copy I've written from scratch for one of the
several SLES bugs with local time in CMOS.

IMHO a short version should become part of YaST and poped up if an
installer has local time in its CMOS/hardware/firmware clock.

Werner