Re: [opensuse] Wrong time zone
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:48:36PM -0500, Jay Vollmer wrote:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:

Have you tried NTP?

Yep, I always configure my computers to use it.  However, that has nothing
to do with the problem.  At the moment, the question is what happened to
cause this?

If you're dual-booting, Windows will adjust your time and mess things up.

From my http://www.suse.de/~werner/CMOS-CLOCK-HOWTO:

For Vista[tm] SP2, Windows[tm] 7 and Server 2008 R2 the System
Administrator of those Windows[tm] systems could create a file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

and then double click on it to merge this with the contents of the file above
with the Windows[tm] registry. With this it could be possible to use for both
those Windows[tm] systems and the Linux system UTC as reference of the CMOS
clock.

Werner