Re: [opensuse] how to add users non interactively?
Hello,

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-03-24 11:39, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I'd rather have those passwords unencrypted in the batch file as I can
make sure noone will see it.

There must be a way to protect a password in a script, but I don't know it.

I don't read his post as asking how to protect the password. He says
"unencrypted", he wants them unencrypted because as nobody is going to read
the script there is no problem with that.

$ /usr/sbin/useradd --help
[..]
-p password Encrypted password as returned by crypt(3)
[..]

See also 'man mkpasswd'.

HTH,
-dnh

--
Ich frage mich, ob es einen richtigen Browser als Active-X Applet für den
MSIE gibt? -- K. Köhntopp