Re: [opensuse] choose keyboard layout
On 25/03/12 10:04, lynn wrote:
12.1 LXDE
Hi
I use my usb memory stick install on Spanish and English computers. Is
there a method I can use like in kde where you can choose the keyboard
without having to be root?

You have to create/modify the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-keytable.conf file
so that it contains something like:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "LocalKeyboard"
MatchIsKeyboard "on"
Option "XkbLayout" "us, it, de"
EndSection

and then you modify the XkbLayout option; in your case, you have to put
"us, es" as value.

Then in LXDE you can add the Keyboard Layout Switcher plugin in order to
choose the layout you want by clicking on it.

If you want a shortcut, you can add the option

Option "XKbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"

that allows you to change the layout via the Alt+Shift shortcut.

Best,
Andrea