Re: [opensuse] Wrong time zone
Ruediger Meier wrote:
There is a 2nd area "Digital Clock Settings" that also has a time
> zone setting. Changing this corrected the problem. Why is this
> here, in addition to the one under "Adjust Date and Time", which
> apparently doesn't work?
Because the user may want to use another time zone than root or all the
other system users ...

The system clock is set in Yast. These settings are in the clock that appears on the desktop bar. The same clock has both. After I reset the clock in Yast, the correct time zone was shown, but the wrong time. Even after entering the root password, the one under Adjust date & time didn't do anything.