Re: [opensuse] Wrong time zone
On Saturday 24 March 2012, James Knott wrote:
There is a 2nd area "Digital Clock Settings" that also has a time
zone setting. Changing this corrected the problem. Why is this
here, in addition to the one under "Adjust Date and Time", which
apparently doesn't work?

Because the user may want to use another time zone than root or all the
other system users ...

James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Try date command in text mode.

Find out if you have a TZ variable defined.

What I don't remember is where is the default stored.

It shows UTC. However, I went into Yast Date & Time and changed to
another time zone and back. The date command now shows the correct
time as does the time zone setting in the clock, but the desktop
clock still shows the wrong time, off by 4 hours.

BTW, this is KDE.