Re: [opensuse] Wrong time zone
James Knott said the following on 03/24/2012 04:29 PM:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Try date command in text mode.

Find out if you have a TZ variable defined.

What I don't remember is where is the default stored.

It shows UTC. However, I went into Yast Date & Time and changed to
another time zone and back. The date command now shows the correct time
as does the time zone setting in the clock, but the desktop clock still
shows the wrong time, off by 4 hours.

Did you log out then log in again so that the value of TZ was reset in
your environment?

--
"Quality refers to the extent to which processes, products, services,
and relationships are free from defects, constraints and items which do