Re: [opensuse] Minimum, Maximum buttons missing
On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 16:24 -0400, Robert Benjamin wrote:
I have lost the Minimum, Maximum buttons on all web pages and in
the openSuse pages as well. I have gnome desktop, and openSuse 12.1.
Only button on any page is the close button at the top right. The Min
and Max buttons that were next to the close button are gone. Can I get
those back? Thanks Bob

Install gnome-tweak-tool and you can toggle what buttons you want as
well as numerous other 'non-mainline' features.

As for maximize you can do usually do that by double clicking the title
bar of a window - which is easier than hitting the button. For apps
like a web-browser F11 full-screen might be more what you want anyway if
you want to really maximize the visualization of the app.

As for minizmize... that is a long story. The whole concept of minimize
is pretty much deprecated in GNOME3, and doesn't really have a place.
With dyanmic workspaces, et al, there just really isn't any reason to do
it. And without the task bar there isn't as obvious a way to get hidden
windows back.

You can always access any window management by right clicking on the
windows title bar and using the context menu that appears.