Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to do a Kernel downgrade on OpenSUSE 12.1?
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:

Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos Xavier wrote:

[snip]
So i want to downgrade the kernel version to 2.6 because I dont see
this kind of issue on it. Is it possible to achieve? If so how can I
do that?

Simply install the kernel you want.

11.4 will go out of support in august I think, so using it's kernel
can only be a band aid.

Just a hunch, but I doubt if Carlos cares much about support.  His
reason for wanting to downgrade is presumably that we have not been
able to fix his current problem :-)

Well, if it really is drdb kernel related bug, I don't know who will
fix that in the 3.1 kernel.

kernel.org has already dropped support for it. So this use case calls
for more of a server style kernel. 3.0 was designated by kernel.org
for long term support, so the drbd devs etc. should be more inclined
to fix it there. I even like to see 11.4 moved up to the 3.0 kernel
before the 18 month transition to evergreen status.

I think the last long term support kernel before 3,0 was 2.6.32, so it
is not something that gets designated very often. Evergreen 11.1 has
a 2.6.32 kernel available for it for that reason. There was no
realistic way for the evergreen team to support 2.6.29 after the
18-month support life.

Greg