Re: [opensuse] Sony Vaio / i845 / DRM / GPU hanging too fast, declaring wedged!
On 2012/03/23 15:25 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

Sad to say, that xorg.conf file did not help.

So far, the only thing that works is the x11failsafe switch.

What - exactly - does that control behind the scenes ?

I don't know, but I'm guessing it causes the better of fbdev or vesa to be used instead of the native driver.

You need to put up /var/log/Xorg.0.log so people have a chance to spot what your problem might be. http://susepaste.org/ or http://pastebin.com/ or your own personal web space are best.

Same for 'hwinfo --gfxcard' output.

Check also in BIOS setup for RAM allocated to video. Set it to 8 if it is set to 1.

I don't recall if 845 needs or is using the legacy driver here, and don't have access to my 845's workspace ATM. If it isn't already installed, try installing the xorg-x11-driver-video-intel-legacy rpm and specify its use in xorg.conf.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/