Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox won't open
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:36:46 +0100
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:23, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx> wrote:
bit and this openSuse I'm using is a 32 bit version. So wich
win 7 do I get for the .iso 32 bit to match openSuse or 64
bit which I have on a separate HD.

You will need to have a win7 32bit iso in order to use win 7 inside
virtualbox running on top of Suse 32bit.

Actually... no. You can install a 64 bit guest on a 32 bit host,
provided you meet the 3 prerequisites. See the documentation here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests

That said, there is little to no benefit to installing a 64 bit
Windows guest anyway (for almost all use cases), so Eberhard's comment
is still good advice :-)

C.