[opensuse] Re: ATI proprietary driver, should I, and how? 11.4
  • From: JC Francois <jc.francois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:29:33 +0100
Hi,

* Install the fglrx package from this repo:
http://geeko.ioda.net/mirror/ati/openSUSE_11.4/
* Restart
* Done

I have been using it for years. It is updated monthly and it is by and large stable and works great for desktop usage and compositing.

I am not playing games though so I can't tell if it works for that but I think that the 3D features and performance are better than with the opensource driver.

JC