RE: [opensuse] FYI: Howto disable tracker
Tracker seems to be the gnome counter part to the nepomuck /anaconda
trash on KDE4. Since it has a mess of dependencies as well i decided
to disable its execution via
$ chmod 000 /usr/lib/tracker-[a-z]*
Its looks like that the GNOME and KDE are only usefull for single
user/ single PC usage. Does somebody knows a GUI for Linux which does
NOT introduces these indexing crap ?

Just "rm /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-store.desktop" - And it won't start.
Sorry bu imho you are incorrect. It won't start during login but would not
prevent other applications to start tracker and what ever search tool is
installed.
Install the GNOME file manager and you will see.

Whaking the permissions of files in system folders is a bad idea.
I do not care as long it solve the problems of having tools searching and
indexing millions of files which they should not. And no - i do not want to be
forced to configure these tools to behave much more nicely.

I have no idea what "Its looks like that the GNOME and KDE are only
usefull for single user/ single PC usage"; I don't see how that applies
to tracker at all.

Maybe there is somewhere a little readme that explains how a user can login
from different PCs at the same time using the same home directory and is able
to use tracker.

Like i said - These tools are developed from developers using a single PC for
users using a single PC. So they are broken by design from mpov but ymmv.

EOD

Hajo