Re: [opensuse] FYI: Howto disable tracker
On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 11:58 +0100, Hans-Joachim Ehlers wrote:
Tracker seems to be the gnome counter part to the nepomuck /anaconda
trash on KDE4. Since it has a mess of dependencies as well i decided
to disable its execution via
$ chmod 000 /usr/lib/tracker-[a-z]*
Its looks like that the GNOME and KDE are only usefull for single
user/ single PC usage. Does somebody knows a GUI for Linux which does
NOT introduces these indexing crap ?

Just "rm /etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-store.desktop" - And it won't start.

Whaking the permissions of files in system folders is a bad idea.

I have no idea what "Its looks like that the GNOME and KDE are only
usefull for single user/ single PC usage"; I don't see how that applies
to tracker at all.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>