Re: [opensuse] virtualbox won't open
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:24:13 +0100
On Tuesday 20 March 2012 16:17:37 you wrote:
On 3/20/2012 11:58 AM, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Tuesday 20 March 2012 11:50:15 Robert Benjamin wrote:
Installed virtualbox 4.1x and it seemed OK. Clicked the icon and

got message to be part of user group vboxusers .Did that OK I think
and
re-booted and now clicking the icon does absolutely nothing at all.
Can
you help? Newbie here. Thanks. Bob

Start from the command line virtualbox and check the error messages or
the log file.

As a newbie, I don't understand what you're asking. I can use a
terminal window but not sure that's what you mean. At this point, the
virtualbox icon won't open anything at all. Only command line I know
would be in a terminal window. Sorry for the lack of understanding. I'll
get it with more help. Thanks very much. Bob

You need to launch from a terminal window virtual box like this

virtualbox

and give us the error message you receive

--
Bogdan