Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird 11.99-2.1 on oS12.1
Am 20.03.2012 13:59, schrieb Andrea Turrini:
Hi,

2012/3/20 Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Thanks for testing the stuff actually and even more for reporting issues
you see. ;-)

Do you have libcanberra0 installed?
If not, please do so and report back if it works. If so, it's somehow
expected (not really a bug though).

It is installed (version 0.28-5.1.2 from the repo oss) as well as
libesd0 (version 0.2.41-18.1.2).

Consider that I do not use PulseAudio on my system (LXDE on oS12.1 x86_64).

I'm not a canberra expert but fcrozat confirmed on IRC that it should fall back
to ALSA if pulseaudio is not available.
So unfortunately no idea currently why it's failing for you.

You might want to try canberra-gtk-play which apparently just plays a sound file
using libcanberra as a testcase. and then play around with strace and ltrace to
find what's happening or not.

Wolfgang