Re: [opensuse] Milestone 1 openSUSE 12.2 - my comments on it
On 17/03/12 09:43, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Steven Hess<flamebait@xxxxxxxxx> [03-16-12 18:35]:
Where is the how-to on installing it and reporting problems? I have a
machine that I can install it on.
the discussion belongs in opensuse-factory,
you didn't understand:
<quote>
This discussion belongs in factory where knowledgeable people can answer
and advise. And, should you have been following factory, you would know
that ms2 was delayed but should appear ~Monday.
</quote>

but I'll tell you anyway.

http://software.opensuse.org/developer/en

further discussion *will* be in opensuse-factory!

Forgive my strange sense of humour, Patrick, but when I read the above the first thing which came to mind was, "Gosh, he is just like Frank Burns in M.A.S.H.!"

But, you know, I wonder if you have got the message about all of this?

People in this mail list are now asking where they can go and get Milestone #1 or #2 of the openSUSE 12.2. They didn't know this information until you mentioned it above.

Isn't that marvellous? Providing people with information about their preferred Linux distribution?

I think that is great.

And there wasn't a single PR person from openSUSE around to do this. Just me and you Patrick. Think about it :-) .

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly
of the vulgar.